December 20, 2017 @ 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Boilermakers Local 5, Zone 175
131 W 2nd St
Oswego, NY 13126
All FIELD MEMBERS OF LOCAL NO. 5, ZONE 175, OSWEGO, NY
Please be advised that an agreement has been reached between the Contractors and Boilermakers Locals whose jurisdiction is covered by the Northeastern States Agreement. These include:
- Local 5, Zone 175 (Oswego, NY)
- Local 5, Zone 197 (Albany, NY)
- Local 237 (CT)
- Local 29 (MA)
- Future Local 5, Zone 7 (Buffalo, NY)
For Local 5, Zone 175, the financial changes to the contract include:
- Increase Health and Welfare cost by $.10 (ten cents) per hours paid from $6.97 (six dollars ninety seven cents) per hour paid to $7.07 (seven dollars seven cents) per hour paid for the Accidental Death and Dismembership coverage. The contractors have agreed to pay this cost.
- The Pension Plan cost will increase by 2% each year for the next five years. Current Journeyman straight time rate is $13.75. The new straight time rate would be:
2018 $14.03 +$.28 increase per hour
2019 $14.31 +$.28 increase per hour
2020 $14.60 +$.29 increase per hour
During the term of this contract, the contractors have agreed to pay this cost.
- The contractors have agreed to pay an additional $1.30 (one dollar thirty cents) per hour to the wage and benefits package to be allocated as the membership decides.
In order to proceed we will have an informational meeting and a vote on where to allocate the $1.30 (one dollar thirty cents) in the wage and benefits package. This informational meeting and vote will take place at the Training Center in Zine 175, Oswego, NY on Wednesday, December 20,2017.
The rate change will take effect the first full pay week after contractors are notified and given the current rate sheet.
I urge all Field Members to attend and vote.
DATE: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 TIME: 7:00 pM
PLACE: Local 5, Zone 175’s Training center, 131 west 2nd street, Oswego, NY 13126