December 21, 2017 @ 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Boilermakers Local 5, Zone 197
75 S Dove St
Albany, NY 12202
All FIELD MEMBERS OF LOCAL NO. 5, ZONE 197, ALBANY, NY
Please be advised that an agreement has been reached between the Contractors and Boilermakers Locals whose jurisdiction is covered by the Northeastern States Agreement. These include:
- Local 5, Zone 175 (Oswego, NY)
- Local 5, Zone 197 (Albany, NY)
- Local 237 (CT)
- Local 29 (MA)
- Future Local 5, Zone 7 (Buffalo, NY)
For Local 5, Zone 175, the financial changes to the contract include:
- Increase Health and Welfare cost by $.10 (ten cents) per hours paid from $6.97 (six dollars ninety seven cents) per hour paid to $7.07 (seven dollars seven cents) per hour paid for the Accidental Death and Dismembership coverage. The contractors have agreed to pay this cost.
- The Pension Plan cost will increase by 2% each year for the next five years. Current Journeyman straight time rate is $13.66 The new straight time rate would be:
2018 $13.93 +$.27 increase per hour
2019 $14.21 +$.28 increase per hour
2020 $14.49 +$.28 increase per hour
During the term of this contract, the contractors have agreed to pay this cost.
- The contractors have agreed to pay an additional $1.30 (one dollar thirty cents) per hour to the wage and benefits package to be allocated as the membership decides.
In order to proceed we will have an informational meeting and a vote on where to allocate the $1.30 (one dollar thirty cents) in the wage and benefits package. This informational meeting and vote will take place at the Training Center in Zine 197, Albany, NY on Thursday, December 21,2017.
The rate change will take effect January 1, 2018. All contractors will be notified and given the new current rate sheet.
I urge all Field Members to attend and vote.
DATE: Thursday, December 21, 2017 TIME: 7:00 pM
PLACE: Local 5, Zone 197’s Training center, 175 S. Dove St., Albany, NY 12202